
This is the Gladiolus flower. It is also the name I have decided to call my new book. Gladiolus is a flower from Belgium, from the Latin word Gladious, Symbolizing strength and moral integrity. This is almost exactly how I wanted my book to teach. The lesson is to know that you are good, there is no such thing as a bad person and everyone has different ways of liking someone. Like some people are attracted to beauty to their eyes. Some are attracted to happiness. Some are just attracted to those who are nice. We all are different so what appeals to us is different. For example, for me, happiness. I like people who are happy and who aren't afraid to show who they are and what they like to do. They aren't afraid to do what they love and with that in mind they aren't afraid or don't care what people think as long as they are doing what they love to do. The word for me is like they radiate happiness.
Its not like they aren't ever sad however but they aren't afraid to do what they love. That's me. Some of the people that I say are cool other people will say something like "Really, their weird!" or "Really their annoying!" Or something like that. You can actually learn a lot about a person by their enemies. Maybe not like enemy enemy but more like they don't like them but they're okay with the person like a neighbor or something. You can learn a lot by the people that don't and that do like the person.
People who are down on themselves and are always thinking "What's great about me." Are the ones who normally don't have very many friends. It is because the friends see the good in the person and whenever they try to tell it to them, they come back with something to make them look bad again. It seems that no matter what you say you can't seem to convince them that they are cool and great. They use things such as I'm not pretty or I'm not smart and the way they do that is they compare themselves to other people who are smarter then them or who are obviously to them more pretty. But everyone sees other people differently. Whether you think you are or aren't great someone out there does. Don't ask why they just do.
You never know what someone really thinks about you. But that doesn't mean that you should just waltz up to them and ask them straight out because you don't know their limits to how far they can go with questions where you'll probably not hurt them physically and you can be sure of that. But emotionally, you never know their limits and you can never say for sure that you won't hurt them emotionally because you don't know their limits to control.
Most of the time especially at our age, guys don't want to admit that they like someone. Well... some guys anyways. The others are the ones that give everyone nightmares in the halls. Anyways, the ones who don't want to admit it are the ones that react to anger more. Most of the time they have a certain limit point in their feelings and when they feel you are getting to close to that limit they react to anger. A part of me knows this because I'm a lot more like my dad then most think and I've done it before. We don't know their limit point and couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't test it because if we do hit it and we really hurt them badly emotionally, would we ever be able to forgive ourselves?
Don't test it, Better safe then Sorry.
My book basically mirrors a lot of these feelings and I tried to be as precise as possible because I asked some of my friends to write down their feelings and I used their feelings and some of my own to create the book. I'm about thirty pages into it and still have a long way to go! If you have any advice or feelings you think would help, let me know!!!




2 comments:
You taught me something today! Gladiolus symbol...I Love it as the name for your book!
Keep up the good work MaKelle. Keep developing your talent.
Post a Comment