Okay, so we got a new computer and either it's having a hard time doing what I want it to do or the blog thing is being stupid because it won't let me post any pictures... so this is what you get.
So the book is coming along... I am going over it again and fixing up some new things and some mistakes... changing names is the hardest to do because you can't miss one or it will throw everything off especially when you have the book completed and you realize that the name you have isn't working... also when you don't like most of the scenes you've written and want to edit most if not all of them and you have to go very slowly and figure out what you want to do. Especially when you try to read it out loud to see how it sounds and your family doesn't like it... well, I'm grateful for what they say and all... it's just frustrating when my goal is so close to being passed by me... well my first goal anyways.
So far I have 336 pages and I am still going. I just hope that I can get it all worked out soon and that I can finally turn to my other book. Yet I won't turn to my other book until I have officially finished this one.
I need boy names... There are four main characters, Sendra, Mitch, Tyrone, and Bracken... I need to change either Sendra or Bracken but I like both names where they are. So I'm trying to find a name that appeals to me more than Bracken but so far none have. If anybody has any ideas it will be greatly appreciated but a note of caution... if I don't use the name I don't want people feeling bad... I try to fit names according to their parts.
Writing a book is so complicated and stressful... especially when during the summer you have both parents working so you get stuck with the job of babysitting kids who are so difficult to watch when trying to focus on a book and them when they hardly listen to you anyways. I think I know how some moms feel and I feel bad for them. Sorry... you have my pity.
However, despite having troubles... it has been a great experience to babysit my... siblings... the little darlings. Sometimes, surprisingly, they can be a help to my book... like a listener or giving their point of view and what they think or personalities of... certain characters.
I haven't really kept this blog up very well but hope to end that as I change it's status to my book instead of me. I guess it should be plural... my books. I hope I don't bore you to death with them... they intrigue me.
To my listeners, thanks for listening to my book, it helps for me to understand what mistakes I make and different possibilities and points of view.
I hope to keep this blog about my writing dream better updated than when I did before. Thanks to those who help.
MaKelle Goodrich
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment